Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My son has custody of my grandson . His mother who lives in NC just bought a house a block from a sex offender

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 12, 2022

Q: My grandson 7 years old has behavioral issues and mental abuse from his mom . My son got custody because her prev BF physically abused her in front of my grandson and he did weed too. Now the judge granted her 6 weeks in the summer after 2 years and he can now go to NC but visitations only in NY or NJ. The bf our lawyer found out has a criminal record which she didn’t know about. He is just like the one before – how did the judge ignore this and gave her more time along with living near a sex offender? We are in NY . My son has a restraining order against the BF and bad mouths my son over emails. Are we to feel comfortable sending my grandson to them? How the judge let this happen. We are appealing but each times it’s money and she isn’t using a lawyer.

A: It’s hard to say what the rationale of the Judge was without a review of the court file & complete history of the case. If there’s a basis to change the order, then one would need to file a modification petition & get back before the Judge. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080