Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How do you transfer a divorce order from South Carolina to get New York state to enforce the South Carolina divorce order?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: February 7, 2024

Q: Divorce order from South Carolina and spouse lives in New York and is in default need to get order in New York to enforce it.  How would I go about transferring it?

A: It depends on what issue. If you’re looking to enforce a S.C. order regarding custody, visitation or child support in NY, you’d need to first “register” the order in Family Court before filing a Petition to Enforce. If you’re looking to enforce some other aspect of the divorce order (property, assets, etc.), one would need to know why that can’t be done as part of the S.C. case. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080