Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I petition the courts for an uncontested divorce in NY even though I don’t know my spouse’s social security number?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 12, 2022

Q: My spouse and I have been separated, he’s moved on and I want a divorce. I was told that I’d need his social security number, but he refuses to give it.

A: Yes – if children aren’t an issue in the case, then file an application with your judgment package requesting the Court dispense with the need to submit a social security number. Mark on the Certificate of Dissolution that his social security number is “unknown.” Call a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080