Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I File for Full Custody of My Kids If The Father Is Not In The Country – He left 8 months ago?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: April 16, 2022

Q: “The father of my kids left to another country 8 months ago and he isn’t returning but there’s a lot of things like taking passport for my kids that he needs to be involved in and I can’t get him in person for those things. I need full custody asap…”

A: You can file for sole custody in the situation. That said, the court will generally requite that the father be served with the Petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080