Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can He Claim Any of My Funds? How Can I Protect What I Have Worked For?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: April 16, 2022

Q: “I have been married for 6 years. I live with my husband and he works but does not pay any bills. I work 2 jobs and have been saving and taking care of the bills. I would like to get a divorce we have no children together but I live with my 2 children how can I protect my asset and get a divorce…”

A: Generally assets which accrue value and/or acquired during the marriage are “marital property” & thus divisible in a divorce. There are several exceptions to this, so you’re best advised to have your situation evaluated by an attorney. As such, please call a Bronx Alimony Attorney to schedule a consultation.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080