Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Move Out of State With My 6 Year Old Daughter?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: April 16, 2022

Q: “I live in NY, her father lives 2 1/2 hours away in NJ, he currently owes $13,778 ($72 Weekly) in child support, he sees her every other weekend from 6pm Fri to 1pm Sunday. I have family in Florida who can help me with my daughter, my mother who helps me now would also like to move to Florida and is only in NY to help me…”

A: There are numerous factors which are considered in a relocation case. At the least, if the father disagrees with the move, you’ll need to file a modification petition with the Family Court. Please checkout my Legal Guide on the subject: You should also call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult with a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080