Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Q: How Can I Get A Divorce If My Spouse Lives In Another State?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 1, 2021

Q: I am not sure of an address because he is not willing to co-operate with giving any information. He does not want to sign the papers. We have been married for 18 years in NY state and separated for about 6 years. 2 children ages 19 and 14 no assets are involved. I also have limited resources so not really able to afford thousands of dollars for attorneys fees.

A: One would need additional facts to see whether NY would have jurisdiction – such as whether you were married here & how long you’ve lived in NY. Additionally, he’s entitled to be served with the divorce papers, so you’d generally need to locate an address at which he can be served. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080