Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I wish to annul my marriage but my husband will never admit to attempting to commit fraud. What recourse do I have?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 2, 2023

Q: Married for one year. Husband is seeking a green card. He’s financially and emotionally abusive. He has tried to open a credit card fraudulently with my social security number and may be using my social security number to work under. We do not live together because he does not want to move where I currently reside. I cannot move because I have children in school and I do not want to disrupt them also I just started a new job and I don’t want to move. If I move I will be isolated from my family and friends.

A: Annulments based on fraud are difficult cases, as one needs corroboration of the fraud in order to file the case. It may be better to simply file for divorce – which you can do so long as, for at least 6 months, the marriage has become “irretrievably broken.” For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a White Plains Divorce Attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080