Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I move to Florida while I have an open court case with custody?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 2, 2023

Q: Me and my mom are looking to move to Florida she also has custody of my two daughters so I’m in the process of court with her in New York City but will we be able to move to Florida with out the courts closing the case would I need to file a new petition out in Florida ?

A: It largely depends on whether the mother of the children is also involved in the case – and if so whether she has any objection to the relocation. Moreover, one would need to know whether ACS is involved – and if so, what their position is. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080