Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I have a bedroom for my daughter , her mother lives in a 1 bedroom with her boyfriend, can cps intervene?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 2, 2023

Q: I have a one bedroom for my child , the mother stays with her boyfriend , my child sleeps in the living room on air mattress that deflates in the middle of the night. Can I get temporary full custody until she’s in a better living situation?

A: I can’t say whether CPS would intervene or not, but if you can provide better housing for the child, then you should strongly consider filing for custody. That said, housing is 1 factor amongst roughly 20+ factors considered in a custody determination. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080