Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How to verify a paystub for child support case?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: August 17, 2023

Q: I am presently in court for child support. My ex filed for child support. We submitted our paystubs to the courts. We were allowed to view each other financial documents. His paystubs are not legit. We lived together for 10years and I have seen them before. The is numerous discrepancies on the stubs such as font size, font alignments, shading and certain numbers you cannot make out at all even after enlarging the paystub. Additionally he has not produce any bank statement showing the direct deposit of his earrings. The bottom of the paystub state direct deposit with two partial account numbers. I do not believe it is enough to express to the court that I believe the paystubs are not legit. I would like to have proof but not sure how to go about verifying the stub.

A:You would need to subpoena the paystubs from the employer. Furthermore, if you want the bank statements, you’d need to file a motion requesting an order of disclosure from the Magistrate, or subpoena the statements from the bank. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080