Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How do I collect arrears?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: January 18, 2022

Q: I have a support order over 40k in arrears and somehow he is a free man! He is working because his iron worker union has told me but support collection doesn’t get a response from employer. Should I hire a lawyer? P.I ? I have tried by the book and he gets away with no responsibility at all!!

A: You should file a violation petition – with the aim of obtaining a money judgment. Among other things, the money judgment accrues 9% interest on the arrears. It also allows you to take action if SCU isn’t – you can (via an attorney) move to garnish wages, seize money from his bank accounts, etc. Schedule a consult with a Westchester/Orange Co. Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080