Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Need a Lawyer? How Can I Win This Case? What Are My Options Here?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: April 16, 2022

Q: “I have a 5 year old. The mother of my child & I don’t have full custody of the child. She has 60% & I have 40%. I have paid child support, I have been present in my child’s life. I only see my child every two weekends. The mother of my child has been dating a guy who, my daughter recently told me, has been mistreating her, & that he has also hit her in the face with with a sandal. When I asked my daughter “What did your mom say/do?”, My daughter’s response was “she was also being mean to me & that I have to listen to him”. I called the mother of my child over the phone & she denied everything. When I went to pick up my child, the mother of my child had the nerve to tell me the man she is dating “has only hit our daughter 2/3 times since they’ve been dating”. I went to family and court & no one seemed to want to help me. I felt like I wasn’t being heard. I called CPS & they responded quickly. Ever since I called CPS, the mother of my child hasn’t let me see my child. She’s even taking me to court to fight for full custody. Not to mention the mother of my child has also taken out a passport for my child without my consent and also out of the country.

A: If you do not have a visitation order, you’d need to file a petition for one. In terms of “how to win the case” and/or “what you need to do,” it would vary based on what you’re seeking (custody v. visitation) as well as an assessment of numerous factors, such as history of access, presence of domestic violence, alleged/actual drug/alcohol abuse, criminal history, presence of mental illness, etc. Call a Westchester Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080