Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Remarry In A Catholic Church After I Got Divorced From My Husband After We Got Married In The City Hall In New York

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 29, 2016

Q: We got a state marriage in new york in city hall about 5 years ago…we separated and got divorced last year..
I have now left the united states, I have met someone else and not sure if I will have a problem if I want to get married in a Catholic Church

A: David’s Answer: Most likely won’t be a problem. Your (now) ex-husband would have executed a statement of removal of barriers to re-marriage & thus if there’s any issue with the Priest, your ex-husband would be obligated to cooperate with the process in getting any barriers to your re-marriage removed. Call a Bronx Prenuptial attorney for more info. – David Bliven, Bronx Prenuptial attorney (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080