High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My child support case was opened in nyc but I recently moved to VA the noncustodial parent is in arrears can I file a violation?

Q: Moved to VA case is still open in NYC do I file in NY or Va

A: If the Father still lives in NYC and the original order was issued in NYC, then NYC will still have continuing jurisdiction to enforce the order. Thus, you may file your violation petition in NYC. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge