Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Are you considered self employed by child support if you have an S-corp or if the s-corp is majority owned by a trust?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: February 8, 2022

Q: Currently going to court filling out the financial affidavit and wanted to know the answer for this so I answer correctly. I’m not making a bunch of money because the business is new and is largely in the red so I’m playing catch up. also the ownership of my company by a trust is for estate planning purposes and long term life goals. And also I put myself on child support not the other way around, So i’m not ducking any parental obligations, as I want to provide for my child. I am asking this because I put myself on child support and I am completing a financial affidavit

A: Yes – a solely-owned S Corp. would constitute “self-employment income” on that form. Be sure to list gross income & then in the applicable section list your unreimbursed business expenses. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080