Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can i get temporary custody?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: February 8, 2022

Q: I’m In NY. Ex husband moved into tiny Basement studio. Can only fit one bed. Our daughter is 11 & he told her she can sleep on the pull out sofa because she’s not always there. She’s with him Thursday afternoon-Sunday afternoon. There’s little to no space at all. Can i suggest her stay with me (she has her own bedroom) until he can get into a better situation? He would be welcome to see her anytime he’d like in the mean time. I’m just not comfortable with the living situation.

A: Until a Judge (via court order) says otherwise, all access arrangements must be by agreement. That said, if your Divorce Judgment provides for him to get overnites & you wish to change that, then you need to file a modification petition in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080