Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Will I Be Granted A Child Support Modification?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 20, 2020

Q: My kids dad makes almost 200,000. The child support was capped at 148,000 in a March 2019 modification. Since the NYS income cap has increased to 154,000 in March 2020 , will I be eligible for a modification? Or even better, how can I get the court to disregard the cap ?

A: You aren’t necessarily eligible for an increase merely because the cap was raised. Instead – unless there was an agreement to the contrary – the standard to modify a prior order of support is if 3 years has passed since the order date, there’s been a 15% change of incomes since the order, or there’s otherwise been a substantial change of circumstances. For a full assessment, you should call a Westchester Child Support attorney to schedule a consult.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080