Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

What Can I Do? Challenge Her?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 24, 2016

Q: Hi. I have sole custody of my 2 children. Visitation has just been ordered a minimum of two days per month for bio father . Supervised pending law guardian speaking with oldest child and his wishes to see his father. My question is the questions this women asked my son. He is almost 12..very aware of situation. He was asked who owns our home, and was told his grandfather doesn’t care for his father so if supervised in granted to not chosen him to go. I feel both questions are either irrelevant or out of line. What do I do as a parent without pissing off the guardian but letting my opinion be heard. She is an older women who I believe needs to retire lol
I should add. I have no criminal history, or use or ever abused drugs. I have been sole provider for my kids and provide then with a safe loving family environment. I just feel this women is wrong.. And maybe dislikes me which in my opinion shouldnt matter.

A: David’s Answer: The problem is that you aren’t supposed to talk to the kids about what they discussed with their attorney. And that attorney has a broad range of discretion as to what is “relevant” – there are no clear-cut rules, only general guidelines. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080