Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

My Age Is 64yrs Old And I’m Still Paying Back Child Support For My 36yr Old Daughter. How Can I Stop This.

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: October 26, 2020

Q: Dept of taxation and finance are threatening to take my disability check! I can’t believe that I still have to pay this money back. My daughter is 36yrs old! I owe $4600 still, I don’t have this money or I would give it to them. Please advise me and my wife on what we have to do, please! They recently took my $1200 stimulus check!

A: You can’t if you still owe the arrears – your age & the age of the child doesn’t affect that analysis. Unless the mother agrees to waive the arrears, then it would unfortunately appear that you need to keep paying. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080