Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Is The Noncustodial Parent Required To Bring Their W2 Form To Court For Child Support? If Not, can The Custodial Parent Request It

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 23, 2015

Q: My daughters father never brings his W-2 to court, he brings his pay stubs. The problem is that he makes arrangements with his job to have them pay him half of his pay off the books. He does this when he receives notice from the court for childsupport. So on the court day it appears that he doesnt make any money. I know of this because his wife who is now separated from him told me.

A: David’s Answer: Yes, he is supposed to bring all his mandatory disclosure with him, including the W-2 and financial disclosure affidavit. That said, off-the-books income would not generally be reflected on the W-2 either – you may need to subpoena the employer’s records. Schedule a consultation with a Dutchess/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. –David Bliven, Westchester Child Support Attorney (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080