Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

“If My Man Owes Child Support And He Wants To Marry Me, Would I Be Responsible For His Child Support Then?”

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: July 11, 2022

Q: “If someone wants to marry me but they owe child support, do I become responsible for there child support then?”

A: “No, not necessarily. Your income would generally only come into play in his support case if you were supporting him (i.e., he wasn’t working). Further, if you co-own property or assets, and he violates a support order & a judgment is issued against him, then the judgment may be executed against any property or assets he has even a partial interest in. For more information, contact a Bronx Child Support Attorney.”

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080