Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I live in New Rochelle NY. I have legal joint custody of my daughter. The father has her one less than day than I do. How do I go about this situation?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: February 3, 2024

Q: The father has my daughter one less than day than I do. He has her Tues and Thurs overnight. I have her Monday and Wednesday overnight. He has him every other weekend Thurs 5pm to Sunday 6p. I have him Friday 5pm to Tues 5pm, which means I have him more. Do I have the right to seek child support?

A: Great question! One would need to look at the exact breakdown in your custody agreement – especially as to whether it states that the two of you are sharing physical custody. It appears from the breakdown you’ve given above that the two of you have equal overnights over a 14-day time frame. Thus, you’re best advised to schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080