Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How Do You Get A Legal Seperation From Missing Spouse

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 25, 2017

Q: Spouse left 12 years ago. Do not want to file for divorce. How do I get legal seperation if his whereabouts is unknown?

A: David’s Answer: Well, you wouldn’t be able to do a separation agreement – your only option would be to file a court action for separation. The Court will require a P.I. to conduct a “:diligent search” for him – and if unsuccessful, you’d need to do “publication notice” of the summons. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080