Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How Can I Know If There Is Any Bench Warrant Issued Against Me For Child Support?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 27, 2016

Q: After we got divorced, my ex-wife filed petition for child support at NY family court for our 3 yrs old kid (now in custody of his mother in NY) in March 2015 but before the court order that summoned me for initial appearance reached my address, I already left US & since then I am staying overseas with my job. I ‘ve no idea about what was the outcome of the hearing without my appearance at court or whether the court ordered a bench warrant for me or not. I will travel back to US in March 2016 for just 2 weeks but worried about getting arrested either at airport during entry or while visiting my child if my ex call the police. Since I will be on leave from my job during that 2 weeks stay in US, I am really concerned of even loosing my job if I get trapped in the legal system for more than 2 weeks. How can I come to know before entering into US if there is any bench warrant exists for me at NYC? Should I call the clerk of the court & ask about it? Do they at all disclose this type of information to someone over phone? Will that be wise to identify myself to the clerk as that ‘Respondent’ of the case? Any other better alternative to know about a potential existence of an warrant?

A: David’s Answer: You can call the Court. If there’s already a warrant out for you, then it may pay to know that before trying to enter the U.S. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for more info.- David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080