Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can My Husband Adopt My Child With Out Biological Father Consent ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 17, 2020

Q: I had my son 8 years ago , biological father never signed birth certificate or has never been in my son life. I got married almost 3 years ago but my husband has been in son life since her was 1 year and few months. I did request child support from my son father but never received anything or have had any contact at all for years. So my husband wants to adopt my son.

A: Yes – you’d need to commence an adoption case & get the Father served with the Notice of the Adoption. After he’s served, if he objects to the adoption, the Judge can conduct an “abandonment hearing” – a hearing on your facts you’re very likely to win. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Adoption Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080