Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Get The Money Back From My Ex Spouses Portion From My Retirement?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 17, 2020

Q: New York is taking out a percentage of my retirement to my x spouse. They take it out every month however my x spouse doesn’t do anything with. It is just staying in the ny account. Since she doesn’t touch it. Would I by chance get it back if she does nothing with it ?

A: No, not necessarily. If she doesn’t want the money, I’d suggest to file a petition to terminate child support and/or adjust arrears – and then get her consent for the return of the money to you. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Divorce Attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080