Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I Want To Take My Daughters Father Off Child Support, Can I?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 20, 2020

Q: My daughters father has been in her life and is doing what he has to do for her, He lives in a different state, He has other children with another woman and we all have a good relationship with each other. I want to take him off child support, We both agree that it is just another bill in the way and is not needed because he helps me outside of child support. Am I able to take him off? And if so, will it affect the other public assistance that I get, such as food stamps and medicaid? I would also like to know that If I were to take him off and things were to change would I be able to put him back on?

A: Yes, you could. He’d just need to file a modification petition. You should always be able to restore it if things break down, but any relief you receive is only retroactive to the date of your filing. That said, if any of the children are on your public assistance budget, you’d need to take them off the budget first. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080