Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Sue For A False Warrant

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 23, 2015

Q: So I finished my probation a couple months ago.. And recently I was on a cruise our first stop was Florida. The police come onto the ship arrested me for a warrant for probation when I finished it.. The probation officer called them to say there should have been no warrant but wasn’t good enough.. The probation officer had to go to the judge and have him clear it which he did within a couple hours. So I was arrested and jailed for no reason what are my options

A: David’s Answer: More information would be needed, because if it was the court’s fault, unfortunately you can’t sue the court. Thus, it depends on what information the police were replying upon. Moreover, if it was the fault of the police in Florida, then you may need to sue them down there. For now, you should schedule a consultation with a Rockland/Westchester Civil Rights attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080