Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I file a Summary Judgment Motion to end my 2 year pending divorce?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 30, 2022

Q: “After almost 2 years my ex is still unwilling to agree to a divorce settlement despite the fact that we have no property, spousal support assets/debts etc. to consider. We only have child support for our 8 year old child. I wanted to know if I could ask the court based on all the discovery submitted by way of a Summary Judgment Motion, if they feel there is nothing else to considered but child support can the courts dissolve the marriage and deal with the child support issue separately at another hearing?”

A: Generally the answer is no – the purpose of a summary judgment motion is when there is “no triable issue of fact.” If child support is disputed, then by it’s very nature there is a triable issue of fact. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080