Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can Grandmother File Child Support For Her Daughter Against Me?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 14, 2021

Q: My fiancée’s mother is trying to see if she can file child support against me. My fiancee doesn’t want to file child support but her mother does and trying to force to her to do it. Little history on her mother her mother is all about money and she has been trying to have my fiancee to go against me and child support against me. Can grandparent file child support against me?

A: No – only the proper custodial parent can generally file for custody. Thus, if she doesn’t have at east joint custody of the child, then she may not be allowed to file. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080