Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Need A Lawyer To Divorce My Cuban Wife, Who Arrived The US & Left Me Before 30 Days?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 14, 2021

Q: I went to Cuba in 2017 & met my wife, we married September 2017 and it took us until this year to get her into the US and now she left me. I am a sick man on dialysis now guess she couldn’t deal. I want to annul our marriage since it obvious that she only wanted to get to the states.

A: You’re best advised to at least consult an attorney. Moreover, if you signed papers to sponsor her for her visa (“Affidavit of Support”), then you’ll need to consult an immigration attorney as well so as to vacate your pledge of support (note: an annulment does not, in itself, do the trick). Call a Bronx Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080