High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: I’ve moved to another state due to a toxic environment and a DV situation. But have a custody agreement, am I in trouble?

A: If your custody agreement was done in New York & was incorporated into a court order, then the best advise to give is for you to immediately file a custody/relocation petition & get a Judge to approve the move (albeit after-the-fact). There is not petition you need to file regarding the Father’s visitation – you should strive to follow the access schedule in the agreement. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge