High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child Support Violation filed by Ex for daycare receipts?

Q: My ex filed a child support violation on me for day care receipts of my child. According to court orders she was to give me child support day care receipts every month, but she delayed and gave me three months receipts together. I do not have that much savings and I could not pay.

Now she has filed for a violation of

What should I do? 

A: David’s Answer: Demand proof of when she provide the receipts. Demand proof they are valid receipts. That said, I think it’s unlikely the Court will not ultimately force you to reimburse the expense – if she didn’t timely provide you the receipts, it’ll most likely be considered a non-willful violation and the Court will likely give you time to pay. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network