High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What happens when a parent owes more than 5,000 in child support(nyc)

Q: My daughters father owes slightly over $5,000 in child support. He claims he cant make the payments as he’s not working due to an injury. His social media is proving the opposite of his alleged financial situation. He seems to be working off the books to make money and avoid child support garnishing wages. The 5k that he owes, includes about $2,800 in retroactive support the rest is because he never made full payments to the agency. what can I do to ensure he doesn’t get away with being a deadbeat?

A: David’s Answer: If you find out where he’s working, you can report that to SCU. You can otherwise have him attempt to prove his disability, and if he fails to, he can possibly be jailed for violating the order of support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.
FindLaw Network