High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can i just send my divorce papers to my husband in Florida to sign and send them back to me in new York

Q:We been separated for 6 years and i moved to New York?

A: David’s Answer: Sure – although he’s not obligated to sign the Affidavit of Defendant. Moreover, if you’re seeking any kind of ancillary relief (child support, child custody, alimony, equitable distribution of assets, etc.), there must be a clear basis for jurisdiction over him. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge