High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My daughter refuses to go with her father for many reasons . Is there any way being 14yrs old she can get out of going with him

| Jul 25, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: Shes been refusing to go with him for many yrs she told me shes afraid of him and now my ex is taking me to court for full custody and claiming im alienating her yet i take her on the visits weekly or she wont go.Shes asked me if she can get out of going on the visits bc her schoolwork is so much and she doesnt have the time. Ehat should i do. Shes developed panic attacks from this visitation

A: David’s Answer: You would have to go back to Court and file a petition to modify the prior visitation order. Ask for the Judge to be able to speak with the child at an in camera interview. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network