Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Where Can I Go To Get A Divorce From An Inmate In New York State?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: July 16, 2021

Q: We’ve been married since 2017 and were agreeing for a divorce. We have no kids together and do not own anything together. I want my maiden name back and to get this over with.

A: You would file the divorce in the same court as any other divorce – in Supreme Court in the county where you reside. You would then need to arrange with the warden to get the Affidavit of Defendant to him to get notarized. Call a White Plains Divorce Attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080