Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

“Should I Support My Daughter Financially During Visit Time?”

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: July 29, 2022

Q: “I get my daughter every other weekend and I pay the mom child support. I only get enough to pay child support and my bills. My daughter likes to go out on weekends and I don’t have extra money after paying child support. I asked her mom to send her with money during the visit and she said it’s my responsibility during my time. And she’s won’t send it! It’s crazy because how can I take care of my child, pay bills, and still have to take care of her expenses while she is with me. Should her mom send her with money. ? What should I do ?”

A: “Under NY law, the custodial parent cannot be directed to pay child support to the non-custodial parent. If there’s an issue with you paying too much child support, then you should file a downward modification of support petition. Call a Bronx Family Law Attorney to schedule a consultation for a full assessment.”

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080