Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Q: How Will My Child Support Be Determined?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 27, 2020

Q: I have 2 kids one 19(lives on campus) the other one 12, I pay child support for both $500 not court regulated just an agreement between me and their mom…a couple of months ago she asked for a notarized letter (I think she applied for welfare) in the letter she wanted me to write that I only pay $250 in child support for the little one which I did and now I got a letter with a court order to establish child support because she alleges that I don’t pay enough…would appreciate some orientation……I live in NJ they live in NY.

A: Generally for 2 kids you’d pay 25% of your adjusted gross income (not including add-ons for medical, educational & childcare expenses). That said, there may be a basis for deviation from guidelines depending on certain circumstances. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080