Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Q: Can I File Civil Suit For Arrears During Divorce??

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: January 27, 2020

Q: Divorced July 2018. During the two year divorce proceedings X had left marital home in August 2016. Never paid bills exceeding $12,000.00 a month. Home was over 6000 square feet and my sister gave me money every month to help me and kids survive. Proof of money from my sister is in black and white.

A: Child Support is generally retroactive to the date the divorce case is filed. As such, you should pursue the claim for arrears within the divorce case itself. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080