Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

If My Name Isn’t On The Child Birth Certificate And I Wavie My Right Do I Have To Pay Child Support ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 24, 2018

Q: If my name isn’t on the child birth certificate and I wavie my right do I have to pay child support?

A: You aren’t legally obligated to pay child support unless & until a court order says otherwise. Thus, the mother would need to file a paternity petition against you, establish you’re the father & then sue you for support if you are. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080