Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

If I Divorce My Husband Will I Be Able To Collect Any Of The Lawsuit?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 14, 2017

Q: I have filed a lawsuit against a nursing home where my husband was staying. Because he got a very bad bedsore after he has been there for 3 weeks .

A: David’s Answer: It depends on whether you’re a party to the lawsuit. If the money is really his because he suffered the injury, then personal injury awards are generally considered one’s separate property. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080