Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I got divorced 13 years ago and nothing. How do I serve him through the newspaper?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: January 12, 2023

Q: I got divorced. He signed my divorce papers for a TV. Then I went to the Supreme Ct & spent the whole day with a friend getting divorced back n forth to sign at the notary. I’m not divorced. They even gave me a receipt and I met a Lawyer there & still nothing. I’m still married. I need to divorce him already! He doesn’t care about our child, or his other’s so I never got him on child support because he’s on SSI. I heard I’d get nothing.

A: I assume for this you mean you thought you were divorced, but it turns out the divorce judgment wasn’t signed. That said, it’s inaccurate you’d “get nothing” if he’s on SSI. While you’d get very little in terms of child support, you’d also have the ability to apply for SSA benefits for your child (via the SSA itself). Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080