Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Need To Write A Letter Of Intent To Relocate?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 8, 2020

Q: I have a current custody agreement in place allowing me to move with the children up to a certain mileage from our current home? If I move within that agreed upon radius, do I need to write a letter of intent to relocate? Or is that only necessary if I want to move beyond the radius set by the agreement?

A: I’d still recommend to update the non-custodial parent with the change of address. Many agreements require that anyway. Call a Westchester Child Custody attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080