Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Have To Update The Custodial Parent On My New Address?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 28, 2020

Q: We have an order and Mother has custody of child. I have him on the weekends, Friday – Monday (he sleeps over). Pick up and drop off is at her home and at his school.

I just moved from NY to NJ. I don’t feel comfortable telling the mother my address due to previous issues (her showing up and causing a scene). I live in a good neighborhood and don’t want to allow the chance for that to happen. Do I have to tell the mother my new address if I only have visitation rights?

A: You aren’t necessarily legally obligated to disclose the address unless your custody agreement/order says so. That said, as a practical matter you wouldn’t want her to treat you the same way – imagine if she moves & refuses to provide you with her new address? For more, schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080