Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

I Want Physical Custody Of My 9 Year Old Can I Obtain It When Me And The Other Parent Have Bad Communication ? ?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 28, 2020

Q: This year on February I made and agreement with dad Saturday evening till Wednesday after school with dad rest with me my son doesn’t want to keep going back and forth I provide for my child in both homes I have no drug problems as the other party does i always allow my son to stay longer if the have plans but I don’t get saming courtesy I do a lot of family weekenders and I have to not include him because dad won’t allow him to come so meaning he stays my days with my son because he can’t go and extra day I feel my son son is going thru emotional destress.

A: I’d highly suggest to discuss the change you’re requesting first with the Father. Whether you realize it or not, by agreeing to that schedule, you informally gave primary custody to the Father. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080