Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Have To Serve Judgement Of Divorce To My Ex-Spouse?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: May 28, 2021

Q: Hello. Judge signed our uncontested divorce a couple of weeks ago ago and I am wondering do I have to serve anything officially to my ex-spouse at this point. We’ve e-filed all documents via NYSCEF, both have accounts in the system and full participation was recorded. We both have access to all the documents in the system. Thank you.

A: If both sides consented to the divorce, and both sides have access to the e-file system, then your ex-spouse was already “served” when the Judgment was uploaded into the system. Technically a “Notice of Entry” needs to be served, but as a practical matter this document is only necessary in default cases or where the other side didn’t consent to the divorce. For more, call a Westchester Uncontested Divorce attorney to schedule a consult.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080