Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can the court make me pay child support. If I am disabled and my child has always been disabled.

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 16, 2021

Q: I can’t pay and don’t want to pay. How can I stop? Please help me with this matter thank you…

A: The short answer is yes – so long as you’re the Father, you have a legal obligation to support the child. You will have the burden of proving you’re disabled thru competent medical evidence. Even if you succeed in that burden, you’d still pay 17% of your disability, unless paying makes you fall below the self-support reserve 9135% of the poverty line). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080