High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child name change then child support?

Q: I want to change my baby last name dad never sign the birth certificate but I do want to file child support can I file child support after baby name change? I want to change baby name because father hates baby and was never there wish baby death several times but I do need him to pay child support I want to make sure I have food for baby to eat and pay for baby sitter so I can work. Can I do this and file for full custody and child support? Since he’s a bad person can I restrict visitation and not allow him to take her on weekends?

A: If you’re successful in changing the child’s name, then yes you can file for both child support & custody using the updated legal name of the child. For a full assessment, I’d suggest to schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney. 

FindLaw Network